Connection of Service
- Application for electric service must be made by calling SVEC at (800) 234-7832 during regular business hours from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Find the office location closest to you by visiting our Contact page.
The following information is required when applying for new residential service:
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Service Address
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Employment Information
- If you are a James Madison University student, provide UDAP (Utility Deposit Assistance Program) number
Connections and transfers of electric service require 24 hours of notice.
- An evaluation will be conducted at the time of the application to determine if a deposit is required
- If a deposit is needed, the first installment of the deposit must be paid before electric service is connected
- A $5 membership fee and signed membership certificate is required for all applicants
If you are building a structure that will need electricity, whether you are a new member or an existing member, please notify SVEC staff. Learn more by visiting our New Member Information page.
Non-Residential Application for Service
Anyone seeking to connect with SVEC for non-residential or non-seasonal services (barns, industries, etc.) must complete this document and return to SVEC:Non-Residential Application for Service (PDF)
Disconnection of Service
- To disconnect your electric service, the account holder can call SVEC at (800) 234-7832 or visit one of our office locations during regular business hours from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Disconnects require 24 hours of notice
- A forwarding address is needed
For more information regarding electric service, visit our Terms & Conditions page to view the cooperative’s Terms and Conditions.