Your Electric Bill
Electric bills are mailed to all members on a monthly basis. There are approximately 30 to 31 days in the service period for each billing cycle, depending on holidays and unforeseen circumstances.
Bills will be:
- Mailed on or around the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, and 30th of the month
- Due and payable upon receipt
- Considered late if not received in full by the late payment penalty date on the bill and a late payment penalty will apply
Understanding Your Bill
Download our Understanding Your Bill (PDF) for a breakdown and explanation of charges appearing on your monthly statement. Watch the video below for further explanation of the charges.
You may mail your payment using the return envelope included with the bill:
- Use check or money order
- Please do not place cash in the U.S. Mail
Office Drop Box
You may also pay your bill at the drop box of any SVEC office.
Payment kiosks are also accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week:
- You can pay your statement by check, credit or debit cards
- Visa, Master Card and Discover are all accepted, with no transaction fee
- Payments are immediately posted to your account, and you leave the station with a receipt confirming the transaction
- Kiosks are available in the:
- Rockingham headquarters, with one inside the building and two available in drive through lanes
- District offices in Staunton, Mount Jackson, Luray, and Winchester