SVEC makes every effort to have power restored to member-owners as quickly and safely as possible. The cooperative prioritizes restoration by first working scenes that will bring the most people back on. When available, estimated times for restoration will be provided in the online Outage Center and through the free MySVEC app. In the case of widespread outages, these estimated times may not be provided.
The cooperative would like to offer these tips in case of an outage:
- Do not make any attempts to clear trees or other debris from power lines. Note the location, and any other important information regarding these situations, and please contact SVEC immediately at 1-800-234-7832. The cooperative will work to ensure that power is restored as soon as possible. Avoid contact with downed power lines.
- To report an outage, contact SVEC at 1-800-234-7832, even if you think your neighbor may have called. It is more effective for SVEC to know the location of all outages. Please do not report outages through SVEC’s social media channels or via email.
- Make sure that your cell phone is fully charged, in the event of an outage.
- Download the the free MySVEC app to report your outage and more.
To make sure you and your family have the necessities for an outage, SVEC advises that you prepare a home outage kit. Important items to include are:
- Flashlights and extra batteries
- A battery operated radio
- Candles or lanterns and matches
- An alternate source of heat
- Canned or packaged foods, powdered milk and beverages, dry cereal
- Water (one gallon per person per day for drinking; fill bathtub and other containers for flushing toilets and other needs)
- Non-electric can opener
- Disposable plates and utensils
- Camp stove or other emergency cooking device
- Extra blankets or sleeping bags
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit