Skip to content
- Easements are legal documents granting SVEC access to property for the purpose of constructing, operating, and maintaining equipment and lines.
- Easements also allow for right-of-way maintenance that includes clearing, trimming and removal of vegetation, as well as necessary access for ongoing infrastructure improvement or maintenance.
- Easements outline general property rights by others while rights-of-way (as its name implies) is a specific property right.
- Easements are areas designated for overhead and underground utility access and are usually defined when a lot or neighborhood is first platted.
- Easements are implemented because it is more efficient and less expensive to run utility lines through neighborhoods than around parcels of land.